donderdag 24 juli 2014

Top 5 Thursday: Coming Of Age Movies

I always love a good coming of age story. I especially like watching them over the summer. There are so many of them, but only a few that can make my list. And a lot of them were made not that long ago. Here are my five favourite coming of age movies.

5. The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Although it’s e pretty recent movie, it got a great eighties feel to it. It felt like a John Hughes film. Because of this nostalgic touch, it makes “The Perks of Being a Wallflower” very authentic an unique.
 
 
4. Juno
Ellen Page is fantastic in this movie. “Juno” is a fun movie, thought through very well. It’s a great coming of age film.
 

3. The Way Way Back
Only recently saw it for the first time, but already re-watched it. I fell in love with it right away, because the characters were so relatable. I especially loved Owen, played by Sam Rockwell. Love this movie to bits!
 

2. Easy A
I sounded like a standard teen comedy, but it’s so much more. It brought us Emma Stone, who is amazing, and a great comedy.
 

1. Stand By Me
This is definitely the best in the genre. I have seen it so many times and I will watch it many times more, and I never get sick of it. Although the characters don’t belong anywhere, you come to love each one of them.
 

They Almost Made the Top 5: Adventureland, Superbad

Geen opmerkingen: