woensdag 28 november 2012

50 Books Challenge 2012 - # 49: The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown

Title: The Da Vinci Code
Author: Dan Brown
Story: An ingenious code hidden in the works of Leonardo da Vinci. A desperate race through the cathedrals and castles of Europe. An astonishing truth concealed for centuries ... unveiled at last.
Start: november 19th 2012
End: november 28th 2012
Comment: I read this book not long after it was released. So many people talked about it, it was so popular. With this theme I found the perfect opportunity to reread "The Da Vinci Code". This books has also been very much critized, mostly by Catholics. Understandable, but maybe because of the controverse I like it even more. I'm not very religious and I believe more of a scientific believer. Things don't 'just happen', there's always an explanaition. Dan Brown is a very clever writer, without making things too complicated. His books are definitely not for just any reader. You need to have an affinity with the subject. But it's pretty certain you getted sucked in this story. It's a rush and you go on the adventure with Langdon and Sophie. Both lead characters are likeable in their own way. It's really hard to dislike them. They have enough backstory to understand them and I like the bond they develope throughout the story. I didn't give it a five star rating because then it would be eually as good as "Angels & Demons". Well, I think that one is a little better, but I love "The Da Vinci Code" very much!
Rating: 4,5/ 5

Geen opmerkingen: