maandag 12 november 2012

Best of... Heath Ledger

After dedicating "The Many Face of..." to him I realized I never made a best of list for Heath Ledger. So that's why he's in this item now. Here are my favorites of the late Heath Ledger.

"10 Things I Hate About You"
This is one of those teencomedies that's actually good and when I watch it, I don't feel guilty. It's just such a fun film, with some great actors, like Heath Ledger and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. I can't get enough of this movie. Come to think of it, it's about time I watch it again...

"Monster's Ball"
Only saw it ones and the only thing I remember is that the acting was sublime. Although Halle Berry isn't one of my favorites, in this movie she proved that she is a very good actress. Billy Bob Thornton and Heath Ledger have rock solid roles.

"The Brothers Grimm"
Maybe it's because I like fairytales, especially when they are a bit on the dark side, but I always liked this film. The combo Heath Ledger/ Matt Damon also works. I really enjoy this movie everytime I watch it.

"Brokeback Mountain"
My favorite on this list and in my opinion also Heath Ledger's best role. This movie isn't spectacular, but it's in the details why this film is so fantastic. The chemistry between Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal, the beautiful landscapes, the individual characters and the heartbreaking story.

"Casanova"
Call me a hopeless romantic, but this film is just entertaining. And Heath Ledger could be so charming and could sweep any woman of her feet.

"I'm Not There"
A very innovative way of telling a story. Nicely done. Great acting by Christian Bale, Cate Blanchett and Heath Ledger.

"The Dark Knight"
Heath Ledger portrayed the joker in his own way. Many say it was his best performance ever and he got awarded by the academy for this role. I can agree that his portrayal of the joker is fantastic, but for me this performance is my second favorite.

Geen opmerkingen: