zaterdag 3 augustus 2013

In My Mailbox (108)

Let me tell you a story. I didn't get any mail for a while. None of the neighbours did either, so I called a friend of mine who is a mailman. He checked with his boss and then they found out that the mailwoman in our neighbourhood kept the mail in her garage undelivered! It was send afterwards, so we did get our mail eventually, but the woman was fired. I would have missed some great cards if it was never send. I got six cards and one private swap.

The first card brought back some memories. When I was still living with my parents I had this poster in my bedroom. "Friends" was one of my favorite shows as a teenager. Ross was my favorite character. I love this card! It's from Simferopol, Ukraine


Sent: july 20th 2013
Received: july 30th 2013
Distance: 2,186 km (1,358 miles)
Travel Time: 10 days

Always like the cartoon cards from Taiwan. It's a bit more artsy than just any other cartoon. It's from Tainan City, Taiwan.


Sent: july 24th 2013
Received: july 30th 2013
Distance: 9,587 km (5,957 miles)
Travel Time: 6 days

What an adorable chimpanzee.... From Bremen, Germany.


Sent: july 26th 2013
Received: july 31st 2013
Distance: 284 km (176 miles)
Travel Time: 5 days

And what a gorgeous postcard I got from Berlin, Germany. It's obviously photoshopped, but who cares. It's beautiful!


Sent: july 27th 2013
Received: july 31st 2013
Distance: 529 km (329 miles)
Travel Time: 4 days

I got this sweet orangutan from Houten, Netherlands. It's a Greenpeace card, so the sender also supported a good cause.


Sent: july 2nd 2013
Received: august 1st 2013
Distance: 109 km (68 miles)
Travel Time: 30 days

The third ape card this week. This time from Prague, Czech Republic. From a guy! It doesn't happen that often.


Sent: july 19th 2013
Received: august 1st 2013
Distance: 609 km (378 miles)
Travel Time: 13 days

And a card from Minsk, Belarus. The sender likes one of the officials I send her so she wanted to send one in return.Very nice and a card I'm happy to add to my collection.


Thanks Anya, Judith, Andrea, Petra, Bea, Richard and Inna for those nice and wonderful postcards this week!

Geen opmerkingen: