donderdag 26 november 2015

Top 5 Thursday: Movies with a Number in the Title

There are a lot of great movies that have a number in the title (not counting sequels like “Back to the Future Part II”). I made a list and started ranking them. It wasn’t easy, because there are many good films that I love and are on my all-time favorites list. Here is my top 5.

5. 21 Grams
This is the movie that introduced met to Naomi Watts, my favorite actress, and Alejandro González Iñárritu, one of my favorite directors. It’s a story filled with characters that grab you and you start caring about. Such a fantastic film.
 
 
4. (500) Days of Summer
This movie I fell in love with after the first watch. It first looks like yet another boy meets girl story, but it’s anything but that. It’s a very unconventional romantic comedy, with great cinematography and acting.
 
 
3. 127 Hours
James Franco at his best. One of the best films of the last decade and definitely one of the best make performances ever. I love this movie, one huge adrenaline rush.
 
 
2. 50/ 50
It seems impossible, but it’s a movie about cancer that is brought with a lot of humor and wit. And exactly that is what makes this movie so great.
 
 
1. Seven
One of the best movies ever made, a film that still terrifies me every time and captivates me. “Seven” is a sublime and brilliant thriller.
 
 
They Almost Made the Top 5: 12 Years a Slave, 101 Dalmatians, The 40 Year Old Virgin, 28 Days Later, District 9, The Sixth Sense, Twelve Monkeys, 10 Things I Hate About You, Apollo 13, The Fifth Element

Geen opmerkingen: