donderdag 19 november 2015

Top 5 Thursday: Songs from Movie Musicals

They’re my guilty pleasure: musicals. I visit musicals, but I also love movie musicals. I picked my five favorite songs from movie musicals.

5. One Song Glory (“Rent”)
"Rent" is not one of my favorite musicals, but this song impressed me so much when I first heard it. It's such a powerful song!
 
 
 
4. Belle (“Beauty and the Beast”)
This is my favorite Disney movie and most people would go for songs like "Be Our Guest" or "Beauty and the Beast". I always loved the opening song from the film, it makes me sing and dance myself.
 
 

3. Circle of Life (“The Lion King”)
I still remember when I first saw this movie and I was mesmerized. This is one of the best openings of a movie ever and I just love this song. It still gives me the chills.
 
 
 
2. Singin’ in the Rain (“Singin’ in the Rain”)
The movie that Always makes me smile! "Make 'em Laugh" is off course a good second, but I had to go for the title song. This is why I love rain myself, I wish I could this too.
 
 

1. On My Own (“Les Miserables”)
This is the best musical I saw live, this movie version might not be one of the best movie musicals, but this song is just so beautiful. This always makes me wonder why Marius is in love with Cosette instead of Éponine.
 
 
 
They Almost Made the Top 5: Music of the Night (“Phantom of the Opera”), Make ‘em Laugh (“Singin’ in the Rain”), Maria (“West Side Story”), Life’s a Happy Song (“The Muppets”)

Geen opmerkingen: