zaterdag 12 november 2011

Best of... Harrison Ford

Harrison Ford portrayed my all-time favorite movie character Indiana Jones. But he's more then that. Here are some of Ford's best movies in my opinion.

"American Graffiti"
Maybe this was the start for all the succesful (and less succesful) teen movies that followed. A lot of movies within the genre were inspired by "American Graffiti", so it must have been good.

"Star Wars IV - VI"
The original "Star Wars"-trilogy is still better and I think Han Solo is also my favorite characters from all the movies. Of the three, the second one is the one I like the most.

"Apocalypse Now"
This is one of the best movies ever made and definitely in its genre. It's an absolute classic and Ford isn't even the most memorable aspect of the film.

"Raiders of the lost Ark"
Like I said in the beginning, Indiana Jones is my favorite movie character of all-time. This movie has so many great ingredients to be a good movie. Action, adventure, humor and romance. Ford does such a great job as Dr. Jones and he has great chemistry with Karen Allen.

"Blade Runner"
This is one of the best sci-fi movies made. And not because it's straight forward, it needs a thinking viewer. Then you appreciate it more. "Blade Runner" avoids the typical Hollywood style.

"Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom"
The first one was better, but this one is far out the most entertaining of the series. I don't know, maybe it's the over-the-top part I like about it. When that creepy voodoo guy removes the heart and it's still beating and then followed by a great chase in miner carts. I like it!

"The Mosquito Coast"
I have only seen it once and I remember liking it very much. It's a while ago, so I will definitely rewatch it when I have the chance.

"Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade"
Same ingredients as the previous two. This quadrilogy is the only one I rank the way they were released, so this one comes third.

"Patriot Games"
Just a very good and solid action thriller. Not a movie you should watch over and over again, but very enjoyable to watch.

"The Fugitive"
This movie always gave me that feeling, that later on "Prison Break" gave me. You also feel like the hunted and this movie makes me nervous. It's very exciting.

"What Lies Beneath"
I saw it in the cinema and I thought it was pretty scary. Bathrooms were never the same again. Maybe the twist ending is a bit strange, bit I really liked the idea of the film and the suspense in it.

"Morning Glory"
I won tickets to go see this film and the main reason I wanted to see it was Rachel McAdams. Both Diane Keaton and Harrison Ford were great too and I really liked the way Ford portrayed his very grumpy and negative character. I enjoyed this movie very much.

I haven't seen "Cowboys and Alien" yet and I've read mixed reviews about the movie. But I really want to watch it some day.

Geen opmerkingen: