dinsdag 29 november 2011

Best of... Jodie Foster

Jodie Foster is ready for every role. She started acting when she was very young and now she has an incredible list of great movies. Here are her best so far.

"Taxi Driver"
Her big break. She played a young prostitute who befriended De Niro's character Travis Bickle. "Taxi Driver" is one of the best movies ever made.

"Freaky Friday"
The original version from 1976 off course, forget the remake with Lilo. Not that this one is such a brilliant film, but way more fun than the second try.

"The Accused"
Although you don't sympathize her character from the beginning, what happens to her is heart-ripping. So cruel, chilling and wrong. Jodie won an Oscar for her role and that's well deserved.

"The Silence of the Lambs"
Her best movie and I don't think she can ever top that. Based on a novel by Thomas Harris and such a great movie. The scene between Clarice Starling and Hannibal Lecter are most memorable. And how creepy is Buffalo Bill? Again an Oscar for Jodie.

"Nell"
Another fantastic performance by Jodie Foster. I haven't seen this movie in a while but I always loved it. It's just amazing how Jodie van get lost in her role so well. By the way, my mom can immitate Nell.

"Contact"
About a woman who is trying to intercept an alien message. The movie has its flaws, but overall it's pretty good. One of the flaws: Matthew McConaughey...

"Panic Room"
What appealed to me the most is the way this movie was filmed. Great cinematography. And with that the film is very exciting, I can watch it over and over again and still feel the same tension.

"Flightplan"
The movie reminded me a bit of "Panic Room". She loses her daughter on a plane and than people tell her the girl was never on board. It's basically Jodie who does the work here.

"The Brave One"
Oh how I loved this movie. Her character is super strong and I really admired her bravery. Jodie is fabulous as Erica Bain. Great movie, great performance.

"Nim's Island"
I always like childrens adventure stories. They open up a whole new world for us adults. Jodie was so over-the-top funny, I really liked seeing this other side of her. And Abigail Breslin and Gerard Butler are amazing too.

I haven't seen "The Beaver" (and probably won't, because it looks ridiculous) and I'm really looking forward to seeing "Carnage".

Geen opmerkingen: