I decided to share my favorite quotes from my favorite movie. Here are the best quotes from "The Shawshank Redemption".
5. Red: “Let me tell you something my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane”.
4. Red: “There's not a day goes by I don't feel regret. Not because I'm in here, or because you think I should. I look back on the way I was then: a young, stupid kid who committed that terrible crime. I want to talk to him. I want to try and talk some sense to him, tell him the way things are. But I can't. That kid's long gone and this old man is all that's left. I got to live with that. Rehabilitated? It's just a bullshit word. So you go on and stamp your form, sonny, and stop wasting my time. Because to tell you the truth, I don't give a shit”.
3. Andy Dufresne: “Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies”.
2. Andy Dufresne: “Get busy living, or get busy dying”.
1. Red: “Andy Dufresne - who crawled through a river of shit and came out clean on the other side”.
They almost made the top 5: Red: “I have no idea to this day what those two Italian ladies were singing about. Truth is, I don't want to know. Some things are best left unsaid. I'd like to think they were singing about something so beautiful, it can't be expressed in words, and makes your heart ache because of it. I tell you, those voices soared higher and farther than anybody in a gray place dares to dream. It was like some beautiful bird flapped into our drab little cage and made those walls dissolve away, and for the briefest of moments, every last man in Shawshank felt free”.