dinsdag 29 mei 2012

Pinkpop 2012

My second time at Pinkpop this year. Me and my brother Frank only went one day this year, because monday was the only day with and overall good line-up. It started at 12 and we saw Serena Pryne and the Mandevilles, a band from Canada. I never heard of them before, but I'm glad I went to see them. What a great band and a fantastic new discovery. I bought the album right away.



< br/> I also saw Jonathan Jeremiah. Not my genre, but pretty enjoyable, especially his opening.


The highlight for me was "Mumford and Sons" (I'm actually listening to their album right now). I love this band and their unique music. This performance was just perfect.


The headliner of this day was Bruce Springsteen and the E-Street Band. The whole reason we came. What a show and what an energy this man has. After so many years Bruce still enjoys performing and it's so great to watch him perform. His setlist wasn't all perfect because I expected more classics. Instead he did more new songs. But it was great.


I also saw Herbert Grönemeyer, a German singer with a lot of heart and power. And Sea Sick Steve, who made all his own guitars and was only joined by one other bandmember. Real fun guy with great lyrics. Pinkpop 2012 was a succes!

Geen opmerkingen: