donderdag 31 mei 2012

Top 5 Thursday: Jane Austen Novels

I’m an avid reader and I love all sorts of books. My favorite classics are definitely the Jane Austen books. So sad she only wrote six of them. Here is my top 5.

5. Emma
This book, and “Northanger Abbey” which didn’t make it to my top 5, is the only one that I didn’t rate with 5 stars. I did love “Emma”, but I didn’t connect with the characters as much as I did in the other books.


4. Sense and Sensibility
The most beloved Austen novel, together with “Pride and Prejudice”, is only on my number 4 spot. My favorite aspect of this story is the two completely different Dashwood sisters. Great character development.


3. Persuasion
This was Austen’s final completed novel. “Persuasion” is beautifully written and I love that this books is about second chances.


2. Mansfield Park
It’s Austen’s most controversial novel, but like all the other books she wrote this was again a true delight. Fanny is undoubtedly one of Austen's less assertive characters, although she does mature into a woman who knows what she wants and will accept no less. I loved Fanny and her honesty.


1. Pride and Prejudice
This was easy to pick, because “Pride and Prejudice” is my all-time favorite novel. I can read it over and over again and never get bored. This is such a good book, with one of the best female leads ever. This is just a masterpiece of wit and style.


They almost made the top 5: Northanger Abbey

Geen opmerkingen: