woensdag 10 augustus 2011

Best of... Michelle Monaghan

For some reason, I like her. Michelle Monaghan. And she has been in a few very good movie and I actually own a couple of them. So here's a list of Michelle's best work.

"The Bourne Supremacy"
I love this whole series, but Michelle is only in the second installment. It's just a film that never gets boring and there's a nice blend between drama and action.

"Constantine"
She had an uncredited role, but she was in it so I can put it on this list. OK, it's not the best movie out there, but I like the darkness of it. This is one of those films you have to watch at night.

"Kiss Kiss Bang Bang"
I love this movie for so many reasons. Off course the cast, with Robert Downey Jr. leading it. He does something to me everytime he appears on screen. Val Kilmer as Gay Perry, who I think deserves his own movie. An Michelle with the beautiful name Harmony Faith Lane, who has fantastic chemistry with Downey Jr. It's sort of a comic film-noir and I can watch it over and over again.

"Mr. and Mrs. Smith"
Just a fun film, with again great chemistry. But here that is between Pitt and Jolie.

"North Country"
This is one of the most beautiful stories ever told. The men in this movie (most of them anyway) sicken me. How horrible they treat the women they work with. Charlize Theron is the big star and the real scenestealer, but Michelle holds up just right and has a solid role.

"Gone Baby Gone"
Again a great story. Great acting by Casey Affleck, Morgan Freeman, Amy Ryan and Michelle Monaghan. The ending is really good and I understand their dilemma. I seriously wouldn't know what would be the best thing to do. Probably the choice they made, wasn't the right one, although that's according to the rules. Great, great film.

"Eagle Eye"
A very exciting film, really entertaining. I don't think it's the most original movie, but I enjoyed watching it and it has a lot of tension in it. A good popcorn flick.

"Due Date"
I saw this in the cinema and I laughed so hard. Robert Downey Jr. together with Zach Galifianakis makes a great duo, and the dog Sonny. Some nice laughs, good humor and funny characters. I love the scene with the coffee.

I haven't seen "Source Code", they say it's really good. And I didn't like "Made of Honor", talkign about a predictable and cliché rom-com.

Geen opmerkingen: